Super Meat Boy: Forever, Fact Sheet.
SMB:F is a totally new touch based super meat boy game for Phones, Tablets and Steam made by Myself and Tommy Refenes.
Our goal with SMB:F is to design a new full length platformer for touch devices from the ground up to avoid tacking bad controls on an existing design. we want to make something that embodies the original Super Meat Boy but is designed around a simple yet intuitive control scheme allowing for pin point accuracy and surprisingly deep controls without the use of multiple buttons/analog sticks.
- SMB:F will release sometime next year for phones, tablets and steam. (possibly others but this is all we have set in stone right now)
- SMB:F will feature a full story, 6 chapters, and double the bosses the original game featured.
- SMB:F is not an endless runner, but will feature an endless mode with online high scores and daily runs.
- SMB:F will feature a full fledged dark world featuring dark warp zones, bosses, new playable indie game characters and more.
- SMB:F will feature a vast randomly generated level structure that ensures a totally new play experience with each death.
- SMB:F is only 2 months into development, but as you can see things are moving pretty fast.
- SMB:F is not a simple endless runner
- SMB:F will not use abusive $ tactics to drain your wallet and cheapen the game experience
- SMB:F is not a port of super meat boy
- SMB:F is not a one button game
- SMB:F is not exclusive to phones/touch screens
- Mewgenics is not canceled, we just put it on hold to work full time on this one. once SMB:F is released we will hop back on it.
- A Voyeur for September is not a new game, it was just a code name (and anagram) for Super Meat Boy Forever that tommy made up on the spot a day before pax needed a name for the game we were showing (he wanted it to be a surprise)
here are some screen shots and gifs!
For those of you at pax, be sure to check out the Team Meat booth (part of the indie mega booth) and go hands on with the game, you really need to play it to understand why we are so excited about this one.
it could easily be my best design to date, im loving all over this one.